uPVC Window & Door Lock Repair
If the locks are failing or the hinges are faulty for your uPVC windows or doors, then we could repair them for you
For a free no obligation quote please call us on 01204 929995 or complete the form below.
uPVC Window & Door Lock Repair
uPVC windows and doors are adjustable at various points of the uPVC frame. As uPVC frames can move over time it can cause locks to become out of alignment, it is useful to make adjustments to keep the doors and windows operational. If your uPVC window or door locks are not working, then they will either need to be fixed or will need replacing.
Common window and door issues
- The strikes for the window or door are not in the correct position
- The door or window may need professionally adjusting to enable the right fitting of the window or door with the frame
- The rubber seal surrounding the window or door might not be sitting correctly
- The locking mechanism, the cylinder or hardware has a problem with itself or is worn out
- If the key goes in and will not turn then the lock is faulty or the alignment between the door and frame is out
- The lock is worn with general wear and tear or it’s faulty
- Something has been inserted into the lock
- If the key goes into the lock and turns but the door won’t open then it usually means the multi-point lock has failed or a security bolt or hook is jammed
- uPVC multi-point lock may need repairing or replacing
- the handles have been forced up to lock and the mechanism has broken
- When the handle is floppy when lifting then this usually means that the handle is worn out or there is a faulty locking mechanism
- When the key goes into the euro cylinder but you have to jiggle or pull the key up or down then it could be a badly cut key or the euro cylinder lock is worn out
Lock Repair or Replacement Service
Window or door not locking?
Where your window or door will not lock, we will check the strikes are in the correct place, inspect the hinges and seals and adjust where necessary. If the lock still doesn’t work then we will check the hardware and identify any defective part.
Lock mechanism jammed?
We can either repair or replace your lock for your window or door. We are experts in multi-point locking mechanisms in uPVC doors, euro cylinders and the most recent cylinder free mechanisms. If we need to replace your lock then we will use a British Standard approved lock to ensure your home is protected.
Broken handle or Lock?
Where there is either damage to the lock or the handle is floppy it is likely it will need replacing. We will check to see whether it can be repaired and if it can’t then provide you with a quote to replace the lock.
Not able to close door?
If your door or window is not closing then we will check to see if the lock mechanism will align and make adjustments, check that the rubber seals or window spacers are placed correctly and make the necessary modifications.
Why Choose Us?
We provide a range of services related to windows and doors to both residential and commercial sectors. Please scroll through the images below to view the various services we offer. Click on each image for further information.
What Our Customers Say
Areas We Cover
Although we primarily serve residents and homes within Bolton, Greater Manchester, our area of service does include neighbouring areas as well, so please call us to enquire if you are outside of the areas to the right:
Although we primarily serve residents and homes within Bolton, Greater Manchester, our area of service does include neighbouring areas as well, so please call us to enquire if you are outside of the below areas:
Got a question or need more help?
Got a question...
or need more help?